Saturday, March 22, 2014

Crow Callings

“Nelly, I am Heathcliff - he's always, always in my mind - not as a pleasure, any more then I am always a pleasure to myself - but, as my own being.” ―Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights 

K.E.

Crows call once, twice
Winds rustle between the grassy moors
Thunder, thunder screams into the ears,
Bows piercing her heart, Katherine.

H.C.

Cathy, do you hear me? I come here for you-
I cry, for her I've always cried
Amid the noisy clamor
I wear the feathers of a crow, a mask
The pitfall of rain over my grave burns
Burns again as I scream once more: Cathy.

K.E.

No he shall not enter
not beneath the layers of my soul
O, I am well an oyster
I am well, this is my kingdom: he, my eternal slave.

H.C.

You, are the eternal ghost of my soul.

K.E.

Nelly, Nelly come patch my wounds
Silver and gold wrap my finger,
Emerald turns over my body
But Nelly I am Heathcliff
The hole inside me opens up
His face, his thick brow, his mischievous smile
Oh Nelly, he is me, I am him.

H.C.

I am Katherine, I am the ghost
But then I am the one who blew her candles
I plucked her heart, crushed it
I crushed her being and smiled in the mirror
And now I shall carry this darkness onward, like a mole on my face
No, like a red festering scar,
My Cathy

Then
They roamed the streets for too long, till they could no more
The walked and then began to soar,
They roamed the skies,
Two crows crying, crying, crying
Till the end of time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment