Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Eve follows her Adam

For E, for comfort

Eve left, you tell me, in the bustle of the night
followed the Big Dipper into the north
but I missed her, you said, keeping a fluffy pink blanket next to your bed
sleeping companion, Eve ran after her Adam
who begged for food and was on a constant move northwards
the red door lays waiting for Eve, you say
I can hear in your voice the shake
that Eve must have followed her master

Eve returns, you message me,
with a bruise on her left arm with ash over her eyes
must be love, I say
or else why would anyone be covered in soot
ash to ash, door to door
like an old question mark, curled for an answer

Eve left again, you say
I deduce, she followed her Adam
ran after the Bid Dipper and disappeared
somewhere under the great night sky
you will keep the pink blanket, waiting for her to comeback
but sometimes when we run-
we cannot look back.

No comments:

Post a Comment